collect, cherubs


Is there something physical you collect?

Not that I can think of.

What digital collections do you have...for example: I have years worth of photographs, a hard drive full of music I haven't listen to in a while, resumes dating back to 2001...

I have lots of pictures backed up to my google drive. on instagram i always save posts i like of pretty or funny things or nice quotes.

How does the digital world affect the way we collect?

It's so easy to save so much on a device because it doesn't take up space- like how having a thousand photos in a hard copy would be a lot, but on a phone its not really that much. 

Set up collecting parameters for your digital collection (do a search or two to see if it's plausible):
What will you? (be as specific as possible, ie. swimming pools in Philadelphia)

Cherubs from old paintings

How many? (example 10… less is more because you will be processing each image you collect!)
Where to source ( online - google maps, instagram)?

I thought it would be manageable for me to mask 5 images (9 cherubs total plus a background image)

Why did you choose to collect what you did?

I really like old paintings like that, and i think cherubs (because they're always floating) are something that always have a distinct border all around and aren't cut off in a way that would look bad in a collage.


Comments